Monday, March 26, 2012

A Day of Love...... a wedding and gorgeous Prima!

Welcome to a new week, I can’t believe that March is almost at an end. To kick off the last week of the month, I bring you something from the beautiful Prima range….. I know how you all love Prima!

We celebrated my brother in law’s wedding last weekend and as soon as my husband (yes, my husband) saw these Prima papers, he commented how perfectly they complemented the theme and colours from the wedding. And yes, I must admit, he was spot on! I have used a black and white photo so as not to distract from the gorgeous papers, but if you happened to see some of the pics on my Facebook page, you will know how well matched they are to the wedding (for those that haven't, I have plenty to share in my scrapping over coming weeks, so you won't miss out!).

So with out further adieu, I bring you some inspiration from the new Prima Nature Garden Collection…..

I love the romantic feel of the papers in this range and the soft colours. As the paper is so detailed, I have made a feature out of parts of it to embellish the page. I’ve used the existing sized pieces of the patterns in the paper and cut them out and inked the edges, then finished with some Magic Mount and it has given an instant feature to part of the page.
I also wanted to continue a bit of a butterfly effect that was featured on the papers, so I found 2 different sized butterfly punches in my stash at home and punched out a few and layered them. I gave the edges a light inking and curled up the edges and clustered around the flowers.  
 
Looking to recreate this page? Head over to the Scraploot online store and pick yourself up the following supplies…


I hope you all enjoy the last week of March. Don’t forget to keep your eye out for more inspiration here on the blog during the week. Until next week, happy scrapping!

xx Renae

No comments: