Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DT Ruby: Mini Album!

Hi everyone!
It's
Ruby here, how are we all?
I've come here today to share a project made with
Simple Stories Yearography Collection Kit, found in the Scraploot store.
Last week I went away with 10 of my best friends down the coast, otherwise known as 'Schoolies'. We're the kind of group that spend more money on books than alcohol, curl up on lounges watching movies and making friendship bracelets instead of running a muck in town. Regardless, it was an incredible week, and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a thing.
Before I left, I cut up the
SS Year-o-graphy Paper Flashcards, SS Year-o-graphy Paper Photo Mat Elements and other papers and images from that line and made a small mini album, in which i could document quotes and daily activities.
I brought it along with me, and of course it was left outside in the rain, was stained with coffee and alcohol- but you know what? Who cares! Who says our art and our scrapbooking has to be 'perfect'? These accidents add character and depth to our pieces. Embrace it! Work with it!
So, here it is!


Other products used in this project include:Doodlebug Twine Swimming Pool - to tie the book together.
 
BellaFlowers Vintage Harmony, - to embellish.
Pritt Glue - best glue ever!  Great to stick down materials and flowers.6mm XpressIt Double Sided Tape - for everything paper!Magic Mount - to add dimension to character.AmericanCrafts Memory Marker – Ash - I outlined almost everything with this pen. KaiserCraft, Paper Blooms Coconut - the great thing about these is, that the flowers are attached with wire! I poked some holes in the sides of a few pages and stitched it in to hold it there.
 I also incorperated receipts and other euphoria from the week.
Head on over to the store to check out these great products! Such good quality, and such a wide variety of things you can do with them!
Ruby xo

1 comment:

Michelle Winston said...

A wonderful momento of "schoolies" Ruby - glad you had a great time !